Golfing for Good: Pamoja4Change 2019 Golf Tournament
Last year, the community golf tournament was excellently patronized, with 146 golfers and 37 corporate partners gracing and supporting the fundraising event. Funds raised were matched on 50:50 (shilling for a shilling) arrangement which leveraged on local giving by communities committed to addressing some of their priorities. Communities were able to implement projects worth Kes. 6.4M between September 2017 and September 2018.
In particular, KCDF supported:
- Digging of a well and sanitation block in Kashani, Kisauni, Mombasa;
- Building of a community resource centre in Nyatike, Migori;
- Building a school boarding facility in Tharaka Nithi;
- Refurbishing a cerebral palsy facility in Donholm, Nairobi, and
- Building a potato cooler to benefit farmers in Baringo.
The 2019 event will be KCDF's 10th anniversary of the community golf tournament. Our goal this year is to support six community groups that have been vetted and are willing to be part of this process. These projects worth a total of Kes. 7M are:-
- Construction of three sanitation blocks in three schools in Wamunyu, Machakos county;
- Provision of piped water from a children’s home in Meru to the neighboring community;
- Building a library for a secondary school in Marsabit;
- Building three modern ablution blocks for three schools in Tharaka Nithi;
- Scaling up a clay ceramic pots project at Nyatike;
- Building an ECD block for children in Kakamega County.
To get your ticket and RSVP this event:
Registration: Kes. 4000
MPESA Paybill Number: 522800
Account Number: Golf2019
Events are an important aspect of KCDF's fundraising efforts for our various programmes. They provide a platform for KCDF to highlight messages for the different areas of our work. Take a look at some of the fundraising events KCDF has held over the years:
MENTENDA Mancamp: A fun filled event targeting young men and boys, fathers and sons and men who are willing to mentor a fellow young man. MENTENDA meaning men taking action is a transformative mentorship and role modeling initiative that aims to nurture young boys and male youth of ages 14 – 25 years to become confident and responsible men while unlocking their potential to become leaders in their spaces of influence.
Dance Fitness Festival: Raising resources towards our holistic education scholarship programme that transitions orphaned and vulnerable students through secondary and tertiary school.
Art for Youth Exhibition: The Art Exhibition sought to raise resources for its technical and vocational education and training (TVET) scholarship programme.
- Art Gallery 2018 Flickr Photos